Below is a recap of the economic proposals that have been going back and forth over the last week:
– 02-12-14: The Union presented to the Company the Union’s initial economics proposal. The proposals for all three sites can be found Here.
– 02-14-14: The Company presented to the Union their initial economics proposal. The proposals for all three sites can be found Here.
– 02-17-14: The Union presented to the Company the Union’s second economics proposal. The proposals for all three sites can be found Here.
Today all committees are currently meeting with company representatives. As information becomes available it will be provided to you.
Now, a message from the Palmdale negotiating committee:
1. Yesterday your committees presented a counter proposal which can be found here. We are looking for Pension Plan Increases, H-Cap increases, and 401k increases.
2. The company has only offered LM HealthWorks – at TWICE the PRICE of Kaiser. We have repeatedly asked why they want LM HealthWorks at TWICE the PRICE and their consistent response is that the Corporate bosses want it! If we want choice in our healthcare we need to voice our opposition to the company’s position! Everyone has to ask themselves if they are READY TO STRIKE for your choice of Healthcare.
3. Your committee is also asking for a $.50 increase in ARP schedule to help new people get to the top of the pay rate faster.
4. We passed to the Company our General Wage Increase proposal – 5%, 4%, 4% – and $1,100 COLA supplements.
5. The Company still wants to have rotating Emergency layoff, which effectively ignores Senority protections. They continue to press us on calculating overtime based on 40 hours paid in a work week. Company representatives claim they have major problems in some of the areas of the plant and want to make everybody’s wage schedule change as a result.
6. We are meeting with company representatives today – Pray for Us.
Palmdale Negotiating Committee
And for those members whose committees did not provide a report, I give you some humor for today (Click Here) with the hope that you will look forward to the report that they will provide you in the near future. We are all working very hard and we ask for your patience with us as we negotiate with those who are company representatives.